Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These are a big hit around the holidays when having parties or having baby, graduation and wedding showers! This recipe uses left over ham from a smoked shoulder. The flavor is WONDERFUL, and so GOOD! This is a real treat! My gram always made it for us growing up, as she made us smoked shoulder quite often... I always helped her grind the meat, and that I was the "Big Cheese" getting to do that part LOL... Now I just use my blender, and it works like a charm, as long as you don't overload it. You can use chunks of chopped ham in this recipe, but it's not quite as tasty! Try some of my other delicious sandwiches: Linda's Tuna and Olive Sandwich (Sandwiches) or Finger Rolls Linda's Egg Salad Sandwich (Sandwiches) or Finger Rolls Linda's Bean and Mayonnaise Sandwich (Sandwiches)
- 2 lbs smoked ham, shoulder cut off the bone into slices or 2 lbs smoked ham, shoulder cut off the bone into chunks or 2 lbs chopped ham, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot dog relish
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- bread or roll, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the ham shoulder with a meat grinder. You can use a blender for this also, just make sure you don't put in too much at a time.
- Put ground meat in a bowl and add mayonnaise, mustard, and relish. Mix well.
- Chill until ready to make sandwiches or rolls.
- When ready to make sandwiches, put a good amount of meat filling on the roll.
- Add a slice of onion, or as much as you want. I love making these with vidalia onions, they are so sweet.
- Put the top piece of bread or roll on, and serve.