Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I LOVE Limoncello!
Make and share this Limoncello Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 12 stalks asparagus, trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried sage, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup limoncello
- 2 cups fresh green peas
- 1⁄3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over high heat, bring broth and water to a boil.
- Add carrots, asparagus, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon sage and salt and pepper to taste. Cover, lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the carrots are just tender.
- Drain the vegetables in a colander and reserve the broth in a separate bowl.
- Remove the bay leaves and discard.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add rice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the Limoncello and stir for one minute until the liquid is absorbed.
- Then, add 1 cup of the reserved broth. Stir constantly until the rice absorbs the broth.
- Add the remaining broth one cup at a time, stirring continuously after each addition until most of the broth is absorbed.
- When complete, the risotto will be creamy. Test the rice to see if it is done and if satisfied, remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of sage, the reserved vegetables, green peas, grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and stir well until the cheese is melted and the risotto is thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately and savor the fantastic combination of flavors!