Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This delicious sweet aromatic chicken has a hint of citrus sharpness and is served with rice and Asian greens.
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 8 chicken legs
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated, fresh
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 lime, cut into thin wedges
- steamed rice
- asian steamed baby greens
- cilantro leaf
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Mix the flour and paprika and season with salt and pepper. Dust the chicken legs in the flour and then put in a large roasting tin with the onions.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 20 minutes, turning the chicken once during this time.
- Mix together the ginger, garlic, honey and chicken stock. Pour over the chicken and add the lime wedges to the tin. Roast for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and glazed.
- Serve with steamed rice, greens and lots of cilantro leaves.
We liked this a lot! One night we ate it using the chicken and the next night we tried it with pork chops...both were delicious! I used 1 tsp. dry ginger and made my onions into rings. Note: For some reason the chicken crisped up but the pork didn't...whatever, it was still yummy! We'll make this often.
This is one of my favorites and everyone loves it.
I used chicken thighs instead of legs and they turned out to be pretty good. I tasted a bit of the sweetness, but it was just right.