Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my own version of our family's Holiday Lime Jell-O Wreath which is always a hit, I hope you enjoy it too!
- 1 (6 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water, with ice to fill measuring cup up to 1-3/4 cup
- 8 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Empty Lime Jell-O into large bowl, add 1 cup boiling water; stir until Jell-O dissolved. Add second cup of boiling water and stir. Add cold water & ice, stir until ice dissolved. Put in refrigerator until loosely jelled, about 1-1/2 hour.
- Cut Maraschino cherries in half and place, cut side up, into a Jell-O ring mold. Bunt Cake pan works great too!
- Cut cream cheese into small squares and drop into cooled Jell-O then add pineapple, with hand mixer blend on medium until cheese gets creamy with lots of small chunks remaining (approx. 1 minute).
- Add walnuts and marshmallows, fold in with wooden spoon or spatula until completely coated with Jell-O mixture.
- Poor into Jell-O mold. Sprinkle top with coconut (hint, it looks like holiday snow and keeps the Jell-O from sliding on the platter). Cover and chill for 6 hours, or overnight!
- To remove from mold: Fill sink with HOT water. Hold mold in water for about 15 seconds. Place platter on top and Turn Over! Let mold slide out! WA LA! Place back in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Looks like a Christmas Wreath with red Berries! Great addition to your holiday table!