Margarita Jello Shot
Cooking time is cooling time in fridge. You can substitute watermelon Jell-O for lime for a melon margarita.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 3 ounces lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water (8 ounces)
- 4 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces margarita mix (or Sweet and Sour mix)
- Bring water to a rolling boil, then remove from heat.
- Stir together boiling water and powdered gelatin in a mixing bowl. Stir constantly until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and alcohol.
- Pour mixture into ,individual shot-size (1oz-2oz) plastic or paper cups. ****To make the Jello easier to consume, buy plastic cups that also have lids. Pour the mix into the cup, add the lid, then turn it upside down prior to refrigeration.
- Place shots on a tray in refrigerator (not the freezer). Chill until firm (approximately 2-4 hours). Refrigerate until served.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I really like this shot mixture!! I made this with the recommended margarita mix. I used just 3/4 cup of hot water, as I wanted mine a bit more firm. I made a different recipe yesterday and wished there was not so much liquid (2 cups) added to it. So we'll see how 1 3/4 cup liquid works. I'll post a photo later tonight. Made for New Kids On The Block tag game 2010