Recipe by Judikins
This recipe was received by a friend and I've used it for so many occasions. The horseradish gives it a particularly pleasant change from so many of the other salads. Try it; I think you'll like it.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (1/3 ounce) packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 3 tablespoons horseradish (more or less depending on your taste)
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (pecans can be used)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Add enough water to the juice to make 2 cups liquid.
- Place Jello in saucepan with the liquid.
- Heat until it is dissolved; do not boil.
- Set aside.
- Mix pineapple, cottage cheese, milk, horseradish, nuts and mayo.
- Pour Jello into this mixture and blend well.
- Pour into a 9"x13" Pyrex dish.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Recipe can be halved and placed in an 8"x8" dish.