Recipe by GinnyP
Easy and low fat to boot! : ) I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I have written down here with it: Per serving: 312 calories, 5g fat, 349 sodium, 64 mg cholesterol, 46 carbs, 19g protein, and 251 mg potassium.
Top Review by Julie Pravitz
I was quite surprised that it was so creamy and tastey considering there is NO cream or butter! My husband loved it and it is a great alternative to the artery killing original.
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine or 1⁄2 lb spaghetti (I use gf pasta)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine until tender but firm; drain and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, process cottage cheese until smooth.
- Add Parmesan cheese, milk, egg, nutmeg, and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan with hot cooked pasta; cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with parsley or basil.
- Serve immediately.