Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and low fat to boot! : ) I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I have written down here with it: Per serving: 312 calories, 5g fat, 349 sodium, 64 mg cholesterol, 46 carbs, 19g protein, and 251 mg potassium.
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine or 1⁄2 lb spaghetti (I use gf pasta)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine until tender but firm; drain and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, process cottage cheese until smooth.
- Add Parmesan cheese, milk, egg, nutmeg, and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan with hot cooked pasta; cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle with parsley or basil.
- Serve immediately.
I was quite surprised that it was so creamy and tastey considering there is NO cream or butter! My husband loved it and it is a great alternative to the artery killing original.
This lowfat alfredo is fantastic, considering its low in fat! I only made one addition, and that was some garlic paste :-) I love garlic alfredo, so thats what I made. My sauce was a little too thick so I added just a tad more milk to it. It was so yummy! Definitely serve IMMEDIATELY!! :-) Thanks for the recipe Ginny! My family really enjoyed it!
This was soooo good. My husband thought this was better than full fat, regular alfredo. I did not use the egg (I'm funny about egg not cooking enough), but I did pour in some liquid margarine (I Cant Believe its Not Butter spray) I also added shrimp, peas and garlic powder. Thanks for a great recipe!