1/1 Photo of Lighter Chicken Tetrazzini
From a cookbook I sent to my swap partner FloridaNative. Cooking Light Best Chicken Recipes. This sounds so wonderful and I love that it is healthier for all lifestyles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2/3 cup flour (lightly spooned into measure)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, fat-free & low sodium (or use a homemade broth)
- 9 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded (divided)
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese (block style)
- 7 cups vermicelli, cooked (about 1 lb uncooked pasta)
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Melt butter in a large stockpot coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- 3Add onion, celery, pepper, salt, and mushrooms; saute 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add sherry and cook 1 minute.
- 4Gradually add flour to pan, cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk (mixture will be thick).
- 5Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently so it does not burn. Remove from heat after 5 minutes.
- 6Add 1 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese and cream cheese, stirring with whisk until cream cheese melts.
- 7Add pasta (precooked) and chicken and stir until blended.
- 8Divide pasta mixture between 2 (8 inch square) baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- 9Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and sprinkle evenly over pasta mixtures in the two baking dishes.
- 10Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 922.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: