Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I found somewhere and worked to alter it to meet my family's tastes. It's so versatile--don't be scared to change up your ingredients! Toss some fresh chives in there if you have them! The mushroom soup is our favorite, but sometimes we use cream of chicken for a change.
- 9 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 100 g frozen peas
- 14 g celery, finely diced
- 28 g onions, chopped
- 100 g corn
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Put soup into a casserole dish and stir, adding milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, peas, celery and onions, stirring to blend well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Blend biscuit mix and add 1/2 cup milk and beaten egg, stirring until smooth.
- Pour batter over top of pie filling.
- Bake 45 minutes at 375°F or until top is golden brown.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.