1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe that I found somewhere and worked to alter it to meet my family's tastes. It's so versatile--don't be scared to change up your ingredients! Toss some fresh chives in there if you have them! The mushroom soup is our favorite, but sometimes we use cream of chicken for a change.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 100 g frozen peas
- 14 g celery, finely diced
- 28 g onions, chopped
- 100 g corn
- salt and pepper
- 1Put soup into a casserole dish and stir, adding milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- 2Add chicken, mushrooms, peas, celery and onions, stirring to blend well.
- 3Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- 4Blend biscuit mix and add 1/2 cup milk and beaten egg, stirring until smooth.
- 5Pour batter over top of pie filling.
- 6Bake 45 minutes at 375°F or until top is golden brown.
- 7Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Chicken (Or Veggie) Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.4 mg
- Sodium 128.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
reduced-fat baking mix