Recipe by KTT
Rise well, beautiful color.. Healthy, Low fat, but sooo good... Oatmeal Raisin cookie meets muffin..yum.! What more could you ask for? These muffins are wonderfully moist..versatile as well! Go ahead and replace the applesauce with banana for a change... its GREAT! Do try? Feedback appreciated.
Top Review by laralynne
Fantastic Muffins! Best ever... with a few tweaks: I added nutmeg and walnuts. I used half brown sugar, and half white. All whole wheat flour. For extra moistness, I used 3/4 cup milk and the other 1/4 cup low fat sour cream.
- 236.59 ml oats (quick or oldfashioned)
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29-158.51 ml raisins (or just DUMP some in!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 12 cup muffin pan.
- Combine oats and milk in a small bowl, let stand.
- Sift together the flours and all dry ingredients.
- Mix together the egg, sugar, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Mix the oats and milk mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in raisins.
- Transfer into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes for muffin tin.
- Take out, ENJOY!