Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
This cookies are very tasty! They DO NOT taste like a regular oatmeal raisin cookie so please do not expect that. I wanted a sugar free, fat free, gluten free treat and that is want they are. The bananas add enough sweetness and moisture to satisfy a craving.
- Ready In:
- 5 bananas, ripe
- 2 cups oatmeal, Whole Grain
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or wax paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray, I use Pam.
- Place peeled bananas in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Drop on prepared cookie sheet using a tablespoon. Spread out slighty but make sure they are not too thin.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops begin to brown slighty.
- Remove cookies from the cookie sheet and place then on a wire rack to cool.
- When completely cooled place in an airtight container and store in a cool dry area.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I hate to be negative but I just had to take the time to write a review on this recipe. This is probably one of the worst things I have ever baked. I like trying new recipes and appreciated your warning to not have it taste like a typical oatmeal raisin cookie. However, this recipe fell far off the mark for me. The taste was bland and the texture not crisp enough to be called a cookie and not spongy enough to be called a cake. I don't even mind working with a recipe to make it work more to my liking but I am not sure where to begin with this one.Reply