Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is a wonderful light custard recipe. I have made it many times and it cures my craving for the more sinful versions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray six 6-ounce custard cups with cooking spray.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar in a heavy saucepan; place over medium heat.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and syrup is light golden brown.
- 5Pour into custard cups; let cool.
- 6Combine milks in a medium saucepan and heat until bubbles form around edge of pan.
- 7Combine egg substitute, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, and almond extract; beat well.
- 8Gradually stir about 1 cup hot milk into egg mixture; add to remaining milk, stirring constantly.
- 9Pour mixture evenly into custard cups; cover with alumninum foil.
- 10Place custard cups in a shallow pan; pour hot water to a depth of 1 inch into pan.
- 11Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 12Remove cups from water, and chill at least 4 hours.
- 13To serve, loosen edges of custard with a spatula; invert onto plates.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Vanilla Flan
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 181.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g