Recipe by Helping Hands
This meal is so easy to throw together on a weeknight, or even for a weekend lunch! It is based on a recipe from one of Linda McCartney's vegetarian cookbooks, and then modifed by me. I usually serve this with a pre-packaged Fiesta Taco Salad, or any nice, crisp green salad. You can also add sliced black olives for a garnish. We really enjoy this quick and easy meal!
Top Review by whitneyborup
I want to try this recipe again with a few changes. I would half the amount of sour cream and enchilada sauce. It's too soupy with all that sauce. I might also add tofu or seitan to try to fill out the enchiladas.
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups light sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 2 ounces diced green chilies
- 4 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix half of the sour cream with onions, diced green chilies, and one cup of the cheese.
- Brush each tortilla with green enchilada sauce.
- Place sour cream mixture in tortilla, placing it length-wise down the middle of tortilla.
- Roll up tortilla and place in baking dish, seam side down.
- After placing all enchildas in baking pan, spoon remaining sour cream on each enchilada.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, then pour the remining enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake for 20 minutes.