Mexican Fire Rice
A filling spicy rice and sausage dish that is baked with picante sauce, sour cream, and cheese. Adapted from a recipe websites newsletter.
- Ready In:
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown sausage until no longer pink.
- In a medium mixing bowl add cooked rice, cooked sausage, picante sauce, and sour cream. Mix well, place in casserole dish, and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with sides of extra picante sauce and sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation