1/3 Photos of Light Rock Cakes
The best way to describe rock cakes are as an ugly, cake-like, drop cookie. They have a lovely light texture with a crisp outer. I have altered the traditional recipe to include cranberries. These serves are pretty large. Australian measurements used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 deg C (fan forced oven).
- 2Sift flour into large bowl then add remaining dry ingredients.
- 3In a microwave safe jug melt margarine. Add milk and combine using a whisk. Add egg whites to this mix and thoroughly whisk.
- 4Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5Divide mixture into 12 and drop onto a baking tray coated with cooking spray (or line with baking paper). Sprinkle extra sugar over the top of each cake.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes or until pale golden.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Rock Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g