Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A friend gave me this recipe. It was based on a Weight Watchers recipe. It's a sweet dessert that the whole family loved This recipe is not lactose free but can be made gluten free if you use GF ingredients
- 200 g canned pineapple chunks, canned in natural juice
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pineapple juice, from the canned pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (11 g) packet sugar-free pineapple jelly crystals (jello crystals)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese
- Refrigerate the evaporated milk to make it as cold as possible.
- Combine the juice, water and jelly crystals. Microwave for one minute, stir and leave to cool.
- Pour the evaporated milk into a small mixing bowl and beat until very thick. Add the cream cheese and continu beating.
- Gradually add the jelly and continue to beat until the mixture is very thick.
- Fold in the pineapple pieces.
- Place the mousse into 4 individual serving dishes and refrigerate for about an 1 1/2 or until set.
What a winner of a dessert, I ended up getting 6 serves from the mix so desserts 2 nights in a row. Thank you **Jubes** made for Make My Recipe - Edition 15.
Ya mon, calling for all pineapple lovers! I used the whole 3 ounce box (or 85 grams) of Island Pineapple gelatin and 1 cup of pineapple juice (no water) as I buy the snack sizes all the time (we frequently drink pineapple juice instead of orange juice). This made 7 nice sized servings. I garnished ours with----what else more pineapple! Served with Melt in Your Mouth Lemon Chicken, Sugar Glazed Kumara ( Sweet Potato ), and Peas With Lemon and Tarragon. Thanks **Jubes** for sharing a bit of pineapple heaven with us. Made "while cruising" the Caribean during ZWT5 with the Chow Hounds.
I'm in the states and DB was able to find pineapple jell-o crystals, but didn't get sugar-free. This was very quick and easy to make. I got enough to fill 5 ramekins. This is a great recipe for anyone who likes mousse and pineapple. Made for the Epicurean Queens ZWT5: Caribbean.