Recipe by Elle_mnop
This soup is light but still hardy and vegan to boot. Would be great served with a peppery salad and crusty bread to sop up the juices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces whole wheat ditalini
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add fennel, onion and celery and saute until softened (7-9 minutes). Add garlic, oregano and pepper flakes and cook one minute more. Stir in tomatoes and beans and simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add broth and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and cook for 10 minutes more, or until pasta is al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and turn off heat. Stir in parsley and serve.