Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A meatloaf that also contains lots of veggies! 1 slice = 4 WW points.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 14 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Coat a medium skillet with nonstick spray. Heat to medium.
- Add the onion, carrot, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the egg whites, crushed crackers, milk, 2 tablespoons of the chili sauce, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Add the cooked vegetables and ground beef; mix well with hands.
- Firmly pat the mixture into a 7.5 x 3.5 x 2 inch loaf pan. Invert the loaf pan into a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and hot sauce. Spoon over meatloaf.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes more, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal slices and serve.