Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mmmm...nice, light lemony bars that are perfect for all of us lemon lovers!
Make and share this Light Lemon Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, stir together flour and powdered sugar.
- Using a pasty cutter, cut in cream cheese and oil until crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until light golden in color.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar and lemon peel until smooth.
- Whisk in flour, baking powder, salt, and finally lemon juice.
- Pour into the hot crust and bake 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and set.
The crust on these lemon bars was much too thin, moreover, it was kind of chewy. I did use an 8x8 pan as directed. The topping was very lemony, but even thinner than the crust. They tasted ok, but I would not recommend serving them to company!