1/2 Photos of Light & Fluffy Homemade Marshmallows
Homemade marshmallows are a special treat that everyone enjoys. I make them for holidays,cold winter nights to float in hot chocolate and nothing beats homemade marshmallows in s'mores around the fire pit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in your electric mixer's bowl and let it sit while you prepare the syrup.
- 2Combine the sugar,corn syrup,salt and 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan or small pot.
- 3Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves then turn up the heat to high and cook till the syrup is 240 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- 4Now remove from the heat.
- 5Put the mixer on low fitted with a whisk attachment and slowly pour the hot syrup into the bowl of dissolved gelatin.
- 6Put the mixer on high speed and whip till it becomes very thick, this could take around 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Add vanilla & mix thoroughly.
- 8Dust generously a 8 x12 inch baking dish (use glass or ceramic) with confectioner's sugar.
- 9Pour the mixture in to pan and smooth out the top and dust with more confectioner's sugar.
- 10Let the marshmallow mixture sit out uncovered overnight or until it dries out.
- 11Run a knife dipped in confectioners' sugar around the sides of baking dish to loosen the marshmallow.
- 12Turn out on a cutting board and cut in to squares or use cookie cutters to shape.
- 13Dust with more confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light & Fluffy Homemade Marshmallows
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2233.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 689.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 563.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 392.6 g
- Protein 17.9 g