Easy and simple substitute for canned soups
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor puree 1 cup steamed broccoli, garlic, and 1/4 cup chicken broth.
- 2In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine. Add the flour, and stir until mixture thickens and starts to brown.
- 3Slowly add remaining 1 cup chicken broth and milk, stirring often. Allow mixture to thicken, about 5 minutes. Then add the puree mixture and the remaining 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli. Heat through, and allow to thicken for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4You can also just puree the entire soup in the pot with a immersion blender, and allow soup to thicken.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 299.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g