Recipe by KerryB5
Delicious, moist muffins... adapted from Cooking light magazine's Blueberry-Cranberry-Orange muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well, make a well in the center.
- Combine buttermilk, butter, vanilla and egg in another bowl, mix and add to well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Stir until just moist.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with additional sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.