Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is light enough to have for breakfast or brunch, but sweet enough to stand on its own as a dessert.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh is preferred, but frozen works too) (optional)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Cream butter, adding sugar gradually.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except blueberries
- Mix in 1 cup of blueberries
- Pour into a baking pan (I used an 8-inch square pan and a loaf pan).
- Top with the other cup blueberries.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 mins until toothpick comes out clean.
- (It rises alot because there is so much baking soda).
- If desired, garnish with additional blueberries and powdered sugar.
Light but tasty recipe. I added a little lemon zest and a lemon/powdered sugar glaze.