Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
My mother-in-law was kind enough to give me this recipe. She makes it for my husband's birthday every year. I have never been able to make it as good as her.
- 1 (250 g) packetarnott's granita biscuits ("or" similar)
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 can evaporated milk, chilled overnight in refrigerator
- 1 packet lemon jelly crystals
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 packet cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 lemons (juice and rind)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Crush biscuits and add to melted butter.
- Press into a 9" spring form cake tin.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- Dissolve jelly in hot water.
- Add lemon juice to make up 1 cup of liquid and also add lemon rind.
- Whip evaporated milk until very thick.
- Beat separately the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold into beaten milk.
- Fold in warm jelly and lemon mixture.
- Pour into case and chill 24 hours.
- Decorate with cream and strawberries if desired.
I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out beautifully. It was a really professional cheesecake, not too cheesy and really light and airy. I prefer chilled cheesecakes to baked ones and this really fit the bill. Thanks Susie T.