Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This interesting dish can do without the lettuce and serve with hot steamed polished rice..
- 300 g finely minced lean pork
- 1 tablespoon meat tenderizer
- 5 pieces canned shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon salted soybeans
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 5 small green bird's eye chilies, sliced thinly and soaked in the fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (made from chillies, ginger, garlic and a dash of salt blended together in a blender)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- fresh lettuce leaf
- Mix meat with tenderizer.
- Add in the mushrooms and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add in the meat and some of the mint leaves.
- Stir-fry until meat is about to cook.
- Add in the salted soya beans, oyster sauce, MSG, chilli paste, sliced chillies and the rest of the mint leaves.
- Stir well.
- When meat is cooked, add in the rice wine and the lime juice.
- Stir for about 30 sec and remove to a plate.
- Serve the meat with fresh lettuce by scooping a portion of the meat onto a lettuce leaf, then wrap the meat up and eat it.