Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- Great Britain.
Make and share this Lettuce Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small head leafy lettuce, wahed, dried, torn into bite-sized pieces, and chilled
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 hard-cooked egg yolk, sieved
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Put lettuce in a salad bowl. Combine remaining ingredients, except chives; pour over lettuce; toss.
- Serve at once garnished with chives.
Really enjoyed this salad!!! I made this as written, using the malt vinegar and adding a little garlic salt. For the salad, I used, of course, the lettuce but then added some carrots, celery and cucumber along with the chives. I had never added finely grated hard boiled egg yokes, but it did kind of thicken the dressing but also didn't really stand out for flavor. We didn't wasted the other 1/2 egg yolk or whites as DH just ate them before dinner was even ready. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
This was a big hit with everybody and was delightfully simple.I used a combination of a sweet butter lettuce and some red leaf lettuce, then added some radish and cucumber (as well as diced egg white, since I didn't want it to go to waste). I used the malt vinegar, which I think added all the flavor along with the egg yolk. Not a bit of salad was leftover! Will definitely make this again! Made for ZWT 8.
The dressing makes this salad. The eggs helped to thicken it, and added a tasty touch as well. Very quick and easy. Made for ZWT 8.