Hearty Lentil and Root Vegetable Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- Great Britain.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 1 1⁄2 cups turnips, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- Combine lentils, turnip, onion, carrots, bell pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes in slow cooker. Pour broth over top.
- Cover; cook on low 6 hours or on high 3 hours until lentils are cooked.
- Stir in olive oil and salt. Sprinkle bacon and green onions over top of each serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION