Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Want something savory and spicy? These turkey burgers are healthy with a kick! With the taste of A1 you love alongside fresh veggies and a special chipotle mayo, four burgers won't be enough.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground turkey
- cooking spray
- 4 slices fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons dried chipotle powder (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Burger Prep.
- 1. Combine the onion, 2 tablespoons A1 sauce, breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs, mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and turkey in a medium bowl. Divide turkey mix into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1 1/2 inch-thick patty.
- 2. Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done.
- 3. Place 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, and 1 patty on the bottom half of each bun. Spread each patty with 1 1/2 teaspoons barbecue sauce. Cover with top halves of buns.
- Make that Mayo.
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
I am a huge football fan. At half time, it has to be pizza or burgers. My daughter had me over to watch a game and she served these turkey burgers instead of the "traditionals". <br/><br/>I have to say, they were awesome. I had two of them. The chipotle mayonnaise was great. Turkey burgers will also likely make my doctor happier than the red meat variety as well! <br/>Great half time repast!
This was awesome! My daughter who is very picky for a nine year old really loved it! Move over plain hamburger - Turkey Burgers rock !
I love turkey burgers to have some variety from hamburgers and this is an A+ recipe all the way!