Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I see lots of recipes online for the ranch oyster crackers, or other seasoned oyster crackers. They all have one thing in common....too much oil. I have created my own fast and easy recipe that uses less oil, and has a blend of spices that will keep you coming back for more. There is no cooking or spreading out on paper towels involved in this recipe. Just blend and let sit..then EAT! Additional supplies needed: 1 large mixing bowl to mix the seasoning with the crackers in, 1 spoon for mixing, 1 small bowl for mixing oil and spices, 1 whisk for whisking the spices with the oil, and 1 gallon size ziplock bag to store the mix in.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 (12 ounce) package oyster crackers
- Grab your small bowl and pour the vegetable oil in it.
- Add the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar and Parmesan cheese, and dill weed to the oil.
- Mix thoroughly with the whisk until well blended.
- Pour the oyster crackers into the large mixing bowl.
- Pour the oil and spice mixture over the crackers.
- Mix together with a spoon until the crackers are well coated with the mixture.
- Pour the seasoned crackers into the ziplock bag.
- Let sit for at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.
Made this for a case of the "mad munchies" while on some steriod medication. Didn't get around to needing it so I shared at a potluck yesterday. Needless to say no leftovers! Goes together really fast! I picked up more oyster crackers to make more tonight!
I was skeptical, but we preferred this to the usual oil-filled, Ranch dressing version. Good recipe! Will keep in our snack arsenal.