Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is quite popular in eli's and has become a favorite of ours. When we want a light dinner this is what I serve. We love it with the additional sweetness of the red bell pepper. I prefer using Nova Lox as opposed to Belly Lox which is saltier. Cooking time is approximate, depending on how you prefer your eggs cooked.
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite size pieces (Lox)
- Saute the chopped onion and peppers in the olive oil and saute' until onion are transparent and peppers are al dente.
- Add the lox pieces and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until the lox is opaque.
- Add the eggs and toss to scramble.
- Keep moving eggs around until done to your liking.
- Note: I have also used egg beaters (6) and 2 eggs with the same delicious results.
I cannot believe that this recipe has not been review before. The DM and I enjoyed this as a light lunch which was very filling with a slice of thick buttered toasted wholemeal/wholegrain bread. Thank you dojemi for a wondereful meal, made for Bargain Basement.