This is quite popular in eli's and has become a favorite of ours. When we want a light dinner this is what I serve. We love it with the additional sweetness of the red bell pepper. I prefer using Nova Lox as opposed to Belly Lox which is saltier. Cooking time is approximate, depending on how you prefer your eggs cooked.
- Saute the chopped onion and peppers in the olive oil and saute' until onion are transparent and peppers are al dente.
- Add the lox pieces and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until the lox is opaque.
- Add the eggs and toss to scramble.
- Keep moving eggs around until done to your liking.
- Note: I have also used egg beaters (6) and 2 eggs with the same delicious results.