1/2 Photos of Lentils and Rice (Koshary) (Egypt)
Happy Hippie's Note:
Yet another recipe I discovered on the "World Hearth Circle of International Cooking." This looks promising as a meatless main dish or a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in pan, add onion and fry for 3 minutes.
- 2Add lentils, water, pepper and cumin.
- 3Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- 4Add rice and salt and continue to boil.
- 5Then reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentils and Rice (Koshary) (Egypt)
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.3
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g