Recipe by BurtonFanatic
This hearty soup will warm you from the inside out. Calories: 229 Fat: 9 g Carbohydrates: 31 g Protein: 8 g
Top Review by for the love of veggies
This is a great lentil soup. The balsamic vinegar gives the broth just the right amount of tang. It was also very easy to prepare. I'll definitely make this again.
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (including leaves)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour lentils in a bowl, cover with water, Over medium heat, cook onions in olive oil in a large soup pan. Add garlic and celery. Once celery begins to soften, add carrots, tomatoes, bay leaf and vegetable stock.
- Pour in drained lentils.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and allow the soup to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaf and add vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.