Found in an old issue of Real Simple Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 lb turkey kielbasa, diced
- 1 bunch arugula or 1 bunch watercress leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Heat 2 T of the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over med heat. Add garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant.
- 2Add broth, bay leaf, and lentils and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer 15 minute.
- 3Add potatoes, cover, and cook until potatoes and lentils are tender but not mushy, about 10-25 minutes longer.
- 4While lentils are cooking, place kielbasa in a large nonstick skillet, over med-high heat. Brown on both sides, set aside, and keep warm.
- 5Remove tough stems from arugula (or watercress) and coarsely chop.
- 6When stew is cooked, toss with remaining 2 T of oil, lemon juice, and arugula.
- 7Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Top each serving with kielbasa and feta.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Stew With Sausage and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (860 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.9
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 1032.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: