Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found in an old issue of Real Simple Magazine.
Make and share this Lentil Stew With Sausage and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb turkey kielbasa, diced
- 1 bunch arugula or 1 bunch watercress leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat 2 T of the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over med heat. Add garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add broth, bay leaf, and lentils and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer 15 minute.
- Add potatoes, cover, and cook until potatoes and lentils are tender but not mushy, about 10-25 minutes longer.
- While lentils are cooking, place kielbasa in a large nonstick skillet, over med-high heat. Brown on both sides, set aside, and keep warm.
- Remove tough stems from arugula (or watercress) and coarsely chop.
- When stew is cooked, toss with remaining 2 T of oil, lemon juice, and arugula.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Top each serving with kielbasa and feta.