Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found in an old issue of Real Simple Magazine.
Make and share this Lentil Stew With Sausage and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb turkey kielbasa, diced
- 1 bunch arugula or 1 bunch watercress leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat 2 T of the oil in a large, heavy saucepan over med heat. Add garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add broth, bay leaf, and lentils and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer 15 minute.
- Add potatoes, cover, and cook until potatoes and lentils are tender but not mushy, about 10-25 minutes longer.
- While lentils are cooking, place kielbasa in a large nonstick skillet, over med-high heat. Brown on both sides, set aside, and keep warm.
- Remove tough stems from arugula (or watercress) and coarsely chop.
- When stew is cooked, toss with remaining 2 T of oil, lemon juice, and arugula.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Top each serving with kielbasa and feta.