From the SproutPeople site, this is a healthy, beautiful salad! Gorgeous, Delicious and Addictive!
Make and share this Lentil Sprout and Bulgur Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups lentil sprouts
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- bibb lettuce (optional)
- In medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in bulgur. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain in fine-meshed sieve and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled bulgur, lentil sprouts, capers and vegetables and toss well.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the bulgur mix in the bowl and toss until well blended.
- Serve in a pretty bowl over lettuce leaves. Enjoy!