This is a nice light salad for hot days. This salad is very similar to couscous, but the main ingredient is bulgur and here the sour taste is given by pomegranate molasses.
- Ready In:
- 160 g bulgur
- 250 ml boiling water (salted)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 -2 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Poor boiling water over bulgur, cover and let soak for 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile prepare all the other ingredients.
- Transfer bulgur in a cold bowl and add tomato paste to bulgur and mix well with the fork until incorporated.
- Add red peppers and let cool down at least 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients mix with the fork.
- Taste the bulgur and add more pepper, salt or molasses if you want some more.
- Serve cold or chilled.
- Note: Feel free to add more ingredients like olives, tomato cubes, cucumber, and/or what your like.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I absolutely love Bulgur and this salad was delish. I love all the additions to the salad; especially the pomegranate molasses. I don't get to use this ingredient very often, but it adds such a nice sweet/sour taste to dishes. So easy to make and so very healthy for you. Made for the Winner of the Treasure Hunt - Sweet December tag.
I want to start by saying that I know this is meant to be a cold salad, however, it's now mid January on the Canadian prairies with today's high temp of -39. I served this if not hot very warm and was very happy with it. Had to skip the molasses as it's not available anywhere remotely near me and also needed to use dried mint. All of that being said, I loved every bite of this delicious dish. I didn't add anything else and didn't really miss adding more veggies. If it were summer that might be different. Every time I have bulgur I'm reminded of how much I like it and think that I should be using it more often. This was no exception. Made for awald's Treasure Hunt win in the Sweet December 2013 event. :D
The only thing I changed when making this salad was to leave out the mint (I'm not a big fan there!), although another time I might add it to part of the salad, since my other half loves it! Definitely a great salad for warm weather, & I'll be making it again as summer approaches! Thanks so much for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe}