Mediterranean Bulgur Salad
I came up with this salad because I had some cucumber to use up, and really liked the results. It's similar to Tabbouleh, but with a more Italian flavor. All amounts can be adjusted to suit your taste.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 5 small artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Pour water into a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Add salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When water boils, add bulgur and remove from heat. Cover and let stand 30 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed.
- In a large bowl, combine bulgur with all remaining ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly.
- This can be served at room temperature or chilled. Top with fresh parmesan or crumbled feta, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION