Top Review by BonnieZ
I was a bit disappointed in these and found the thyme flavor to overpower the filling. I also found that they needed to bake longer than the 20 minutes and probably baking at a higher temperature would be best. This is however a recipe that I would try again, leaving out the thyme, as it was very easy to assemble, and has the potential to be very versatile with the filling ingredients.
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, dry,crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, dry,crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (1 lb) package phyllo pastry
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the cooked lentils.
- Add cheese, onion, and spices.
- Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut individual phyllo pastry sheets into 6 x 8" pieces and brush with oil.
- Spread 1 tsp filling along one end of pastry sheet and roll over once.
- Turn in pastry edges and roll up like a cigar.
- Place filled pastries on a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 325 for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.