Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From 1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes.
Make and share this Lentil Chili With Bacon and Beer (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup dried lentils
- 1⁄2 cup dried black beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 cup crushed canned tomato
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- Combine all ingredients, except tomatoes, lime juice, salt, pepper and bacon in slow cooker; cover and cook on high until beans are tender, 5-6 hours.
- Add tomatoes during last 30 minutes. Stir in lime juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with bacon.
Amazing! Use stout in the recipe and serve a bottle with the chili. Double the quantity works well too.
Really very good. The lime juice and the bacon is what makes this dish. However, I might use chopped red onion instead of bacon next time to reduce the amount of guilt afterwords.
Used an amber brew.