- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 -6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can dice cut canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 -3 teaspoons epazote
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- green onion, sliced
- cheddar cheese, grated
- In a heavy stock pot, saute the onion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Crumble in the ground turkey and cook until turkey is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add from broth through epazote, stir to blend, bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and cook on medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- At end of the cooking time, season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and grated cheddar cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was so good! They ment it when Paula said it makes quite a bit. I used an entire bag of lentils because I was lacking self control, and it turned out amazing! I froze half and were eating the other half for lunches and dinner.<br/><br/>My only complaint on this recipe is the directions. Was I supposed to be sauteing the spices that weren't listed in the directions with the onions and garlic? Because of this I "free form jazzed" quite a bit of this recipe but it still turned out divine! Will not be making any other chili!