Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very tasty filling soup, makes for a great lunch.
Make and share this Lentil Cauliflower Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup green lentil, rinsed well
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, cumin and tumeric and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth and lentils, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 40 minutes or until lentils are cooked.
- Using a potato masher, break up about half the soup. Add cauliflower and cook for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in fresh parsley and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh chives.