Recipe by Hydra
Yummy moist muffins with a great twist. This is a variation for my Sour Cream Muffins. Great for breakfast, a snack, with tea and dessert! For some added flavor throw in some poppy seeds.
Top Review by vrvrvr
My family loved these muffins. They domed so beautifully and tasted rich with just a hint of lemon. I added an extra 1/4 cup cream to make the batter less stiff. These are great muffins and didn't last long!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking powder in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs then make a well in center of mixture.
- Beat egg in a small bowl; add sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, sour cream and milk.
- Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans until cups are about 2/3 full. Or grease pans and the surface around the pan as well, filling cups all the way, this will produce muffins with larger tops, though less muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.