Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Perfect entree for summer--the cool lemony taste goes perfectly with the chicken :P
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 egg white
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1 cup green beans, thinly sliced into 2-in pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 4 scallions, cut into 2-in pieces and then into thin strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken on a plate. Lightly beat the egg white and mix in half the cornstarch. Pour over the chicken and toss together.
- Place the vegetable oil in a wok or large heavy skillet. Heat until hot. Add the garlic, ginger and cashews and fry until golden. Remove the nuts with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Mix the the chicken and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, add the beans and sesame seeds and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix the remaining cornstarch with the lemon juice, sugar, sherry, soy sauce and chicken bouillon. Add to the wok and heat until thickened. Stir in the cashews.
- Stir in the scallions, cook for 30 seconds, then serve garnished with lemon and parsley.