1/1 Photo of Lemony Rosemary Chicken Salad
Sherri Dodsworth's Note:
I was looking for a lighter chicken salad for spring time and came up with the following recipe that does the job. Poaching the chicken first in aromatics is key to its terrific flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g chicken thighs
- 946.36 ml water
- 2 stalk celery, leaves on, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary or 29.58 ml dried rosemary
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1Put the chicken thighs in a medium size sauce pan and add the next 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to lowest setting, and gently poach until juices in chicken when pierced are clear and no longer pink, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2Remove chicken pieces to a plate to cool. Discard poaching liquid. When the chicken's cool enough to handle, remove the skin and bones and coarsely chop the meat.
- 3Add the chicken to a large bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 4Terrific on a sandwich or as a main dish salad on a bed of mixed spring greens.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Rosemary Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.3
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.8 mg
- Sodium 1067.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 43.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of