Three Pea Chicken Salad
This brightly colored chicken salad just screams spring! Serve over toasted bread (your favorite type) and/or lettuce leaves! Found this one in Bon Appetit magazine and made just some minor adjustments to suit my taste.
- Ready In:
- 4 sprigs tarragon, plus 2 tbsp minced tarragon leaves (divided)
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 large shallots, 1 halved, 1 minced
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 smashed, 1 minced
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea, stringed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh English pea (may use thawed frozen ones)
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, stringed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (may add more to suit your taste)
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Place the tarragon sprigs, chicken, the halved shallot, and the smashed garlic into a medium saucepan. Add water to cover by 1 inch and season with salt and pepper. Bring the water to a boil; remove the pan from heat, cover, and let it stand until the chicken is just cooked through. This takes 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breast. If I have a large one, I'll usually let it actually boil for 3 or 4 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and let it cool. Shred or dice the chicken.
- While the chicken is poaching, whisk the yogurt, oil, minced shallot, and minced garlic in a small bowl. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all the peas in a medium bowl. Add the chicken, dressing, minced tarragon, parsley, chives, lemon zest, and 1 tbsp lemon juice; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice, if desired. Serve spooned over toasted bread and/or lettuce leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION