Glazed Strawberry Galette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Designed for the eyes and the tastebuds, this sweet-tart galette screams spring.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 cup flour, plus 2 tbsp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 3 -4 tablespoons ice water
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds (toasted)
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus 1 tbsp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus 1 tsp
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingers until the mixture is coarse crumbs. Add 3 tbsp water and mix with a fork. Use hands to knead the dough in the bowl until it forms a ball. Flatten ball into 1-inch thick square, then wrap it in plastic and chill for an hour.
- Combine ground almonds, mascarpone, 2 tbsp honey and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth. Reserve.
- In another bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar and flour and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove dough from fridge and let it sit on the counter for a few minutes. Roll it out on a floured work surface to a 14-inch square, then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cover the dough with the mascarpone filling leaving a border around the edges.
- Arrange the strawberries over the filling.
- Fold edges of dough over the strawberries and pleat or crimp the edges.
- Combine egg yolk and milk and brush over the crust.
- Bake until golden-brown, about 40 minutes.
- Heat reserved honey and brush it over the strawberries.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION