Rainbow Cheesecake Swirl Bars
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat oven to 325, then line a 9x13 pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper
- Combine cake mix, melted butter, 1 egg and 2/3 cup milk in mixing bowl. Stir until combined. Batter will be thick like brownie mix. Equally divide batter into 6 bowls.
- Color one bowl purple, another blue, green, yellow, orange, and pink, reserve 1 tablespoon of each color for top of bars.
- Spoon teaspoonful of colored batter into bottom of pan, alternating colors as you go.
- Wet hands slightly and press batter, flattening it where needed.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons milk to each of the remaining tablespoons of batter to thin them out.
- Stir together cream cheese and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake filling over layer of cake batter. Drizzle thinned out batter over filling,then swirl using fork or knife.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cover pan with tinfoil to keep colored swirls from browning. Return to oven for 14-20 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature for about an hour, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Center will still jiggle slightly and will firm up as it cools.
- When ready to serve cut in 24 squares, store in refridgerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"