Recipe by Judy81350
This is an unusual recipe but its sooooo good. My whole family loves it! Very easy to prepare.
Top Review by alwaysdusty
I adapted this recipe for three pork loin chops, 1 Â½ â€œ thick, that I grilled last night. I came to the Zaar looking for a different presentation and a way to avoid drying out the pre-cooked meat. Figuring that the brown sugar would cut any bitterness from tomatoes if I used other than the sauce for which the recipe calls, I substituted a 15 oz. can of recipe ready chopped tomatoes. After mixing the sauce, I also added a very small clove of fresh, minced garlic. I happened to have fresh Oregano tonight, and my lemon tree was more than happy to contribute. Having sprayed a square glass baking dish, I layered in ingredients as indicated and baked at 350 for about 30 minutes. Not only was the pork not dry, it was wonderfully juicy, very tasty and it received a good review from the family. It was, however, soupy. No doubt due to my tomato substitution. Next time I will add a small can of tomato sauce to the canned chopped tomatoes, or perhaps thicken it with a little flour or cornstarch.
- 4 pork loin chops, thick sliced (1 1/2 lbs.)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 slices onions, separated into rings
- 8 lemon slices, thin
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or 1 -2 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chops. Cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Drain excess fat from skillet.
- Top each chop with some of the onion rings, then with 2 slices lemon.
- Combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and oregano. Pour over chops.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover. Simmer over medium heat 5 minutes longer.
- Serve with any side dish you want but a rice dish goes real good with it.