Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Newspaper clipped recipe
Make and share this Lemony Green Beans Au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted) or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel (grated)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme leaves (crushed) (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen green beans
- Prepare green beans according to directions.
- Combine bread crumbs, butter/margarine and cheese; set aside.
- Combine mayo, milk, lemon juice, lemon peel and thyme in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until heated through; stir.
- Spoon sauce over hot green beans, then sprinke with bread crumb mixture.