Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This can also be made with quinoa (simmer the quinoa in water or stock for 10 minutes).
Make and share this Lemony Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup couscous (I prefer whole-wheat)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Toast the pine nuts briefly in a dry skillet over medium heat. This will take about 5 minutes, and stir constantly as they will burn easily. Set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, stock, and salt. Bring to a boil, then pour over couscous in a large bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand until couscous is tender and water has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly, then fluff with a fork.
- Stir in the pine nuts, lemon juice, red pepper, onion, cayenne pepper, cumin and parsley. Adjust salt and pepper if needed before serving.
This was a really great couscous recipe! I love the blend of lemon juice, onion, parsley and spices. It had a refreshing zip to it, and it makes for a nice side dish, both warm and cold.